Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bead Soup Bounty and Beauty

 I've never participated in the Bead Soup Blog Party - I always seemed to miss out on the date to sign up. This time, I almost did again! I managed to figure out how to join on the last day. I hesitated - what if I couldn't make this work with my schedule? But I went ahead and signed up. See how lucky I am? These are the beads I received from my partner for the Bead Soup Party!
 They were sent to me by Lara Lutrick. She's a lampwork glass bead maker. I do envy those people who can bend molten glass to their will and make such beautiful beads! And there's a lovely ribbon in a beautiful blue color, and some viking knit strands! I will be working with these in the next couple of days to make up at least one, and maybe more than one, finished piece of jewelry.
Don't you love her celtic impression in the large focal bead? She's very talented, and has a great sense of color. I will be working on the finished piece(s) in the evenings after work, putting my hand to making something fun to wear. I have to look up the date of the next reveal and I'll share that, too, so you can all take a look at everyone's Bead Soup Party finished work!

9 comments:

Alice said...

A beautiful bead soup! I'm a sucker for lampwork beads and can't wait to see what you make with all these goodies.

I've signed up for the last reveal too, and have one more piece to make.

Beverly Herman said...

Such a beautiful colorway in the lampwork beads. I am looking forward to see what you create with them. I love Viking knit.

Sandra said...

beautiful beads. can't wait to see what you make

Lara Lutrick said...

Can't wait to see how you use the beads!

Lori Anderson said...

OMG that is RIGHT up my alley!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I love glass too - wish I wasn't torch-terrified! It holds me back. I don't mind putting glass in the kiln, but holding the molten glass in my hands? Ohh, that's too scary for me!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Hi, Beverly. I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to do, but hopefully it will do credit to the great beads!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Lori, thanks a bunch for pulling all this wonder together! Bead Soup Blog Party is great, and you are too, for making it all happen!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Lara, they are lovely! Thanks for sending them to me. I hope you approve of how I put them together... and I can't wait to see what you create, too!