Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

     Yesterday I created this piece that combines one of the new bezels with a casting from an antique button loaned to me by Deryn Mentock. I was looking at pictures of antique jewelry, and I saw a medallion that held a religious reliquary. I wanted to reproduce that look. I put a velvet background behind the pewter insert, to look like the locket I saw in the photograph. 
     I want to remember all the special people today, those currently serving, and those who have served in the past, and say thank you. This extended family has members who are in the service, and one who has joined and will be starting service soon. 
     Happy Memorial Day to you, your families and friends.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

This is so old and antique looking. I love old metal buttons too!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I saw an original in a book published by Amy Hanna, it was a saint's reliquary - that was the look I was trying to reproduce.