Thursday, March 22, 2012

Venus Gem Glam

      I haven't made any of these venus shell gemstone settings in a while, so I finished one on Sunday. I don't have very many of the gold-tones rhinestones left. I've made these with oval pearl-like gems in the setting, also. This setting casting comes from an original that was loaned to me, that was found in a french flea market. I like that I can reproduce it, and give it another life.
     The original that I copied didn't have a stone in it, only the setting where a stone should go. I was happy that I was able to find some rhinestones the right diameter to fit there, to make them look finished. Love the bling!

6 comments:

Alice said...

Gorgeous! I love that you were able to give an old piece a new life.

TesoriTrovati said...

Zing! I love that blingy look. It looks so very old. You are a marvel, Miss Lynn! Enjoy the day.
Erin

lunedreams said...

i love that citrine colored stone with the pewter. love the faceted stone with that vintage-look setting!

sharon said...

Big pure inspired LOVE! WOW! I do not have the corect words to say how much I adore this! Gorgeous as always Lynn!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks! I was tempted to hoard this for myself, but I went ahead and put it in Etsy, and it's found a home. I'll need to find more of the rhinestones, if I want to make more of these. I do have some smoky gray stones, I'll try those in this setting.

Appreciate the feedback, friends!

Beth Hikes said...

This is so cool that you were able to recreate this piece and give it new life! I love the gem you chose tre romantico :) xoxo Beth