Thursday, February 23, 2012

Meditations

     These little moon faces have been very popular in the Etsy shop - but I haven't made any new ones in a long time. One of my goals, on my to-do list this week, was to make up some new bezels for the moon faces, and now I have one with a hole at the bottom for dangles to be added! I want to use them myself, but instead I will put them in the Etsy shop, for all who have waited so long for the moon face pendants to come back.
Spiritual life is the bouquet,
the perfume, the flowering
and fulfillment of a human life,
not a supernatural virtue
imposed on it.
The Power of Myth - Joseph Campbell
     Sometimes when I'm in the studio, I play the interviews with Joseph Campbell that I recorded years ago. I love to listen to him talk about the histories and the stories we all know and cherish. As we enter the season of Lent, I wish all of you the bouquet, the perfume, the flowering and the fulfillment!

3 comments:

SummersStudio said...

The Power of Myth is one of my favourite books. Those stories bind us together in very powerful ways.

sharon said...

This sounds like a book I have to check out! And your moon faces are so serene and beautiful!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Have you ever watched his PBS interviews? They are fantastic.

Thanks for the lovely words about the Luna Blanc faces. I have one I kept for myself a while back, and I love wearing it.