Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Blue Heart Plenty

     Happy Mardi Gras! I spent the day in the studio, listening to music with a beat and making new pieces. I took my new bezel molds for a spin, and then filled them with some baby blue faux ceramic centers. I like combining the polymer clay with the pewter, the two seem to compliment each other. I hadn't done any polymer in quite a while, and I had to get myself back in the swing of things - but I'm pleased with the outcome. Over the next few days I'll be sharing the work that came out of spending last weekend and all day today creating. 
     The weather finally warmed up enough that I could start to pour some resin. I made new bezels to coordinate with the resin molds, to combine those also. I hope you will like the new pieces coming out of these few days of intensive creating. It was almost like having my own personal workshop, with me as the only member.
     I even hooked up the kiln and fired some glass today. Fortunately, the kiln is working fine and the glass came out very well. I have to shape and grind it and give it a finish polish firing this weekend.
     I can't think of a better way to spend a couple of days off from the day job!

2 comments:

sharon said...

I feel the same way.....I can't wait to get home from my day job so I can start my real job!
Your pieces are really beautiful Llyynn....the color is divine!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, Sharon. It's a balancing act, I'm sure you can relate to that. Now, to find the time to get everything listed in the Etsy shop - that's not half as much fun as making them!