Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's Not Brass, But The Brass Color Is There

I learned a while back how to get a bronze-looking finish on the pewter.
And how to enhance the coppery tones, and make it look like cast copper.
But I hadn't made a look that was like brass tones.
I've been using brass wire lately, to give a golden look to the rosary wire wrap necklace chains, using my hand dyed costume pearls.

I wanted to give this festive, ornate centerpiece a brass-toned look.
I think I'm there.
I do love color. And color WITH metal, even better.

1 comment:

TesoriTrovati said...

That has that old world feeling Lynn. I love the warmth of the brass. I have been using a lot of brass this last year, and I love the pops of color you are acheiving on the metal. Keep up that great work! Enjoy the day. Erin