Sunday, December 26, 2010

Heartfully Thinner


No, this isn't about some new diet program, although I do have a few resolutions in mind for New Year's that have to do with fewer sweets! What, no chocolate? Oh, dear.


I've been making this heart charm for a while, but always have struggled to get it both thin AND flat on the back.

But since I got my new belt sander all that has changed!


I'm way beyond thrilled with it, and it helps me make these cute little hearts both flat and thin, the easier to wear and design with.

It was the best pre-holiday present yet! And I jumped the gun and gave it to myself. It's the gift that seems to keep giving - to me! Tee Hee...

Now, if it would just flatten and thin my anatomy as easily! But that's going to require less baking and more walking, of that I'm sure.

Next year, cutting down on the sweets. Sigh.

4 comments:

Cindy Gimbrone said...

That is a sweet little heart, Lynn! And what a terrific gift you gave yourself, nothing like having a good belt sander on hand!

Thanks for sharing!

Cindy

Michele Lynch Art said...

Perfect heart! Gotta love the power tools! Michele

TesoriTrovati said...

I do love that heart, Lynn! And I am with you on the thinner resolution. But no chocolate? Oh my... I am not sure that my willpower is that strong...
Enjoy the day!
Erin

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Erin, if stringent actions are not taken soon, the wardrobe will be limited to sweatpants and t-shirts, tee hee!