Friday, September 3, 2010

Tulips in Filigree



I made some faux handpainted porcelain components, and then sat back to think about what I wanted to do with them.

I didn't think I wanted to put them into pewter settings. I wanted something airy and open.

I looked at my collection of brass filigree, but I didn't have any that were large enough for the handpainted component, to wrap around it.

So I got out some wire, cut some lengths and decided to see if I could create a filigree look myself.

I started bending and curling the wire, making different shapes.

Then decided how they might combine with each other and with the little oval shape, to create a frame for it.


This is how it turned out. I like the yellow highlighted background, and the yellow-green leaves. With just a touch of red in the tulips. Like a handpainted tulip portrait.

I plan to keep playing with this combination, the faux porcelain centerpieces with the wire faux filigree.

It reminds me of a very old, handpainted antique. 

No comments: