Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Things Come In Threes


Here are three little pendants I created last week. The round ones are really tiny and sweet, I really like how they are turning out. They'd be so cute as charms on a bracelet, or as a dangle on a necklace. I want to make up some jewelry using them - I can't wait!

You've probably heard the old saying that things "come in groups of three" - good things, and not so good things.

I have some personal experience with that, since the move from Missouri to Louisiana.

One thing was the VW Van throwing a rod. I only partly know what that means, but it means a new engine. That's a pretty big thing.

Another thing was the abrupt departure of the HP computer. KAPUT! Thankfully I have a stand-in, and I cross my fingers every time I boot up the machine and say a silent "thank you" when it turns on.

The third thing was the sudden passing of my father-in-law in Kansas, which involved some rapid airline arrangements for my hubby to be there with his family.






I'm hoping that this is the run of the threes, and this is all that's coming right now. 

Tomorrow, I'll let you know what I did because of this triad of eventualities that visited me since the relocation to Louisiana, and the coincidence that changed all my plans.

10 comments:

SueBeads said...

So sorry to hear about the run of bad luck - it has to get better now, right? My sympathies to you and your husband's family. I love the little charms!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thank you Sue. Life is an adventure every day, you just never know what's coming your way. Oops, I rhymned..

SummersStudio said...

Oh dear, those are quite big events in your run of not so nice threes. I do hope it is the end of the run. Will keep fingers crossed for you. I think the move to LA has been good for your colour pallette. I am loving these brighter but soft colours.

Anonymous said...

Try not to let those bumps and bruises overshadow the amazing things that have happened since you've been here, too! You were there for your granddaughter's second birthday! We get to share meals around the table once or twice a week! We've been able to replace telephone conversations with face to face daily hellos! Your new home is beautiful! Your studio is a facility of amazing creativity! Have I outnumbered three yet? :D

♥ you oodles & bunches! Keep your chin up, we're here together as a family again, and the rest is just details ♥

Alice said...

Oh no. Sorry you have had a run of bad luck---hoping it has worked itself out by now.

You were in Kansas????? I live in Kansas!!!!! Oh, so close. I would have loved to meet you--but under different circumstances. Sorry to hear about your FIL's sudden passing.

EmandaJ said...

Hi Lynn,

I am so sorry for your family's loss. Having recently experienced the pain of a death in the family, I know how much our online community can help us stay connected and feel thought of and loved. My heart goes out to you and your family and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Keep plugging on, art heals. What you are doing is just gorgeous!

Emanda

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Jenny, the plusses FAR outweigh any downside, but I still hope the run of three is over. And I don't include breaking my glasses yesterday!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Alice, I used to live in Kansas City, Missouri but for the last 4 years I was in Saint Louis, Missouri. My hubby's family is in Kansas. But yes, a bit closer then than I am now, for sure!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, Emanda, you are always so kind. This is the kind of thing life brings - but I wish it were spaced out a little more, if you know what I mean. We don't get to choose, though.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

LeAnn, thanks for the insight about the colors being different in the work, now that you mention it I think you are right!