Friday, September 10, 2010

Key Factors


Along with the new crosses that I made, I created a few new key designs.

I want to make some necklaces with the big key as part of the chain. I think I'd like to wear one like that.

So, I'm back at work, doing the 9-to-5 thing.  Like so many of you, too. Most of you, probably.

It feels good to be useful. To help in a tangible, measurable way.

I do have to admit to daydreaming about jewelry designs sometimes. But not for long because the days are action-packed and filled with things that need attention.


Time is a funny thing. Sometimes it seems to zip right by, without my noticing a single hour in the day.

And other times, it goes so slowly, I feel the day will last forever.

There's that lyric from James Taylor that comes to mind - "The secret to life is enjoying the passage of time" - that's something I sing to myself as I drive into town in the morning, watching the sun slowly coming up.

8 comments:

Barbara Lewis said...

Absolutely, it's all about the journey.

SueBeads said...

* love *

Courtney Breul said...

Really nice. Thank you for reminding me to slow down and take the time.

SummersStudio said...

Those keys are gorgeous. Hope you find some time this weekend to work with them.

EmandaJ said...

Hi Lynn,
I am working temporarily too, after almost a year without work. Of course, it is nice to have the money, but more than that the 9-5 gives order to the day. When I was not working, I "frittered away" the days doing not much of anything tangible. Working the day-to-day does make us appreciate our down time. Enjoy your time.

Emanda

Trish said...

Glorious keys Lynn!

One door closes and another opens.

Isn't it funny, the turns that life takes?

TesoriTrovati said...

Dear. You know I love me some keys. These are beautiful. I have some keys that I should send to you because they are achingly beautiful and I would be intrigued to see what you would do with them...

Enjoy the day!
Erin

Alice said...

The keys are just beautiful!

When I'm at work or church or anywhere but home, I find my mind wanders to my jewelry bench and what I could be creating right then if I were home.