Friday, August 6, 2010

Hummingbird Peaches


We bought some ripe peaches this week, I had one with breakfast. With toast made with home baked french bread.
It was ripe and sweet. The color of the inside reminded me of the background of this bird focal bead.



A little bird, in mid-flight. With flowers and leaves in the pewter, with a coppery-bronze patina on them.

I think it's the right time of year for cobbler, blackberry or peach. Don't you?

I'll have to dig out the recipe for the crust and make some this weekend.

With homemade vanilla ice cream on top?

YUM! Summertime goodies.

3 comments:

TesoriTrovati said...

Loving this sweet bird and the pewter flowers. Very dainty, like something you would find in grandma's jewel box tucked away in the back. I see great possibilities with this one. I will have to be stalking this one for sure!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

Anonymous said...

So much for my diet, hee ♥

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thank you, Erin ... this bird has flown the coop already, I'll take that as a sign to make some more that are similar! I appreciate the great feedback.

Jenny, you and the little baby bird can come by for peaches and home made bread any morning you want! I'll butter the toast for you.