Monday, June 21, 2010

Longest Day


Today is June 21, the longest day of the year.

The days start early and the evenings stay light for a long time.

I spent part of the weekend cleaning up the studio. I don't know how it gets so messy so quickly.


I worked on this special little medallion. The original is enamel with bright red color, I may try to reproduce that look. I like playing with it, to make it wearable.

It's a nice time of year, a good time for homemade ice cream outdoors.

Home baked loaves of bread, made into toast with honey.

Watching fireflies in the twilight.

Listening to the night sounds.

1 comment:

SummersStudio said...

I long for the day when I am disciplined enough to clean as I go in the studio. But I think that messiness is part of the creative process. You move from one inspiration to the next with little time for mundane cleaning tasks that break up the flow.

Do you have fireflies out now? I miss them.