Friday, April 30, 2010

Are You Brave?


I am having fun with these heart shaped bezels, you can probably tell that I'm liking them.

I wanted to make a hole at the bottom, though, because I really like adding a dangle to the bottom.

But I wasn't sure how that was going to work.

So I made up this 1870 Heart Award Medallion, put the smallest drill bit into the flex shaft, and held my breath while I tried to drill a hole at the bottom without totally wrecking an almost finished piece.


Whew!

I was able to make a small hole at the bottom as I hoped.

You can read the date "1870" at the bottom of the heart. And the back side has an engraved design.


I wanted it to look like a military medal or emblem. Like something awarded for bravery or heroics.

And since I managed to drill the hole without messing up the piece or drilling through my finger, I think I was very brave to take the chance!

5 comments:

Pearl and Pebble said...

This is very nice. I love the old medal and I love how you treated the back of this! It's as lovely and interesting as the front:)

Karen Burns said...

Love it! I would still do a trade sometime if you'd like......

Karen

Beatnheart said...

Love this brave Lynn...holding your breath while you drill I am sure...worth the effort Cherie..

Anonymous said...

very cool, i love this piece!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, friends. I DID hold my breathe, and double-checked the location of my fingers before I got near with the spinning drill bit.

Karen, the hard part is deciding what I'd like to have - I love all your designs!

It's been very stormy here, tornado alarms again last night.

The lights flickered but didn't go out, thankfully.