Friday, February 12, 2010

Closing


I've had people mention that they'd like some closures to use with the focals, so the feeling of the piece matches.

Every piece I make, even though cast in a similar way, has little distinctive things about them, and they do look very rustic and handmade. They don't look mass manufactured - but they do have some rough edges too. So I didn't know if people would like the closures if they didn't look like manufactured clasps.


Last weekend I made a toggle clasp, it's not overly large and kind of simple. I plan to use them myself for some jewelry, if I ever get time to make some finished pieces.

And in case you like them, I decided to list them in the Etsy shop too.

They do look a little beat up and battered. But for me, that's one thing I like about them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I gave up being stubborn and went to the doctor.

I have bronchitis. And possibly walking pneumonia.

So I got prescriptions and over-the-counter stuff for the weekend. And lozenges, and chicken soup. Covering all bases, here.

Yay for modern medicine. Boo-Hiss on viruses!!

7 comments:

A bird in the hand said...

And that's precisely what appeals to me about your pieces. I like to see the hand that made them!

Marie Cramp said...

I agree!! The pieces you make are loved and cherished by us BECAUSE thay are not manufactured. Love the new toggles! Fantastic!!

Marie

jacquio said...

Me too! Manufactured clasps ruin the finished look of a necklace made with your pieces ,now we can complete our jewelry with class!

Joy aka GoddessJoy said...

They're beautiful! I can't wait to get my hands on some of your pewter pieces. They really do speak to me.

Riki Schumacher said...

Well done Lynn, these are fabulous! They definitely don't look manufactured! Way to go. Riki

jacquio said...

Get better soon!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks, all! I'm so happy to hear, truly happy, that you do like the roughness and handmade character of them!

And I'm on the mend, definitely helped by modern medicine.