Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Gifted Artfriends


As you might already know, I'm one of several editors on the Art Bead Scene blog, and another editor is Melanie Brooks at Earthenwood Studio. I've admired her work for a long time, and I've been hoarding a pair of her clockwork beads for some time.


She and I did an exchange, I sent her some of my pewter headpins, the ones with bow ties on them, along with a few other fun goodies, and she sent me some of her fantastic beads.

It's been like Christmas all over again here, I've been admiring them and thinking about how to use them.


I didn't know she glazed the backs of all her beads too, In that way they are even reversible, if I decided to use with a collage soldered piece the reverse would also be visible. Neat!


I can't wait to see what she makes with the pewter. She was too generous with the beads, there are wonderful little hearts and locks, those will be fun with some of my pewter keys and keyhole pieces.


And a dragonfly bead in a gorgeous oxblood color. I really love ceramics! And Melanie's packaging is so gorgeous I didn't want to open them at first - but I got over that pretty quickly.


Thanks, Melanie! I can't wait to start adding these beauties to some pewter and making some lovelies.

4 comments:

Marie Cramp said...

What a great exchange!! You got some lovely pieces! I used one of her Hearts on Fire pendants in a piece that will be in Bead Trends this summer :) You are both very talented artists!

Marie

Anonymous said...

beautiful pieces!

TesoriTrovati said...

Glad to know that I am not the only horder our there...of course I not only horde Melanie's beads but yours...and Heather's...and Sally's... and... and...

Thanks for the visual memory jog! I need to go an make some stuff!
Enjoy the day!
Erin

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Aren't they wonderful! I'm thinking of all sorts of things to make to use with them. Huzzah!