Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bon Bon Box, Goodies Inside


Do you remember that I had candymaking as part of my to-do wish list for the holidays?

Well, I got some made up and gave some as gifts.

Of course I had to taste test some myself, to make sure they were yummy.

There was white chocolate, dark chocolate and peanut butter flavored insides.



And I made this little bon bon box to hold some.

But they didn't stay in there very long!


It's Christmas Eve, I'm hoping for snow, a hot toddy and a warm fire in the fireplace tonight, with the holiday tree lit up and favorite music playing.

Tomorrow if the weather holds we're traveling to visit relatives, it's a one-day trip back and forth.

Lots of knitting time in the car. If it doesn't come a blizzard.

Merry Merry to all of you!

Joyeux Noel!

Wish I could send all of you a bon bon...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, we did get the blizzard, so we aren't driving tomorrow. Western Missouri and Eastern Kansas are having heavy snowfall right now. We'll have a quiet day with just the two of us. Maybe watch a movie.

And I'm making next year's Christmas cards. I figure that way they'll be all ready to go when the time comes. Hopefully I'll remember where I stored them.

Since I can't send you a bonbon, here is a link to the bonbon box template so you can have fun with it, too!

10 comments:

sharon said...

They look fabulous Lynn, and I adore that little box!!
Have a beautiful Christmas!

TesoriTrovati said...

Yummy. I wish you could send me one too ;-)
Blessings to you Miss Lynn. Drive safe. Stay warm. Celebrate big.
Enjoy the day!
Erin

EmandaJ said...

Ooo, I wish I had the pattern for the bonbon boxes, they would make great gifty boxes for very small things.

Emanda

Anonymous said...

yum, yum!
Hope you have a wonderful christmas!
Sandra

The Joy of Nesting said...

Yum,

The Bon Bons look wonderfully sinful and ever so full of Chocolate!! And the little bon bon boxes are perfect!!!

I wish you and your family a wonderful holiday season full of beautiful memories dear friend!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

I got the template for the bonbon box at Mirkwood, there are lots of good templates, this one is at:
http://www.ruthannzaroff.com/mirkwooddesigns/bonbon.htm

It's really easy. I printed it out and glued it to heavy board, to draw around it.

And if you need a bigger box, you can enlarge it on the copy machine to make a bigger template, too!

Thank you, Happy Holidays!

Oh, and because of the blizzard in Missouri and Kansas, we are NOT driving today, so don't worry.

Cheers! We popped open some bubbly!

the glitzy gypsy said...

Merry Christmas Lynn! You are a focused machine. I wish I could create half as much as you do--and have so many talents--jewelry, candy...knitting....Next year's cards....WOW!!!!
Happy 2010,
Brenda Bliss

Alice said...

A sweet gift indeed! How did you make the little box? Oh, now I see you have given us a link.

There was a blizzard here also (Kansas), and so the Christmas with my family, and the candlelight church service were cancelled. It just doesn't feel like Christmas without these....

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Marie Cramp said...

Joyeux Noel a toi aussi Lynn! I saw the article in the new issue of Belle Armoire so I had to get it. I just need to find the time to read it now :)

EmandaJ said...

Hi Lynn,

Stay warm! Thanks for the link to the box tutorial. I'll give it a look-see.

Happy Holidays!
Emanda