Sunday, October 18, 2009

Make Art


I made a resin and pewter focal with four loops, two on each side. I'm experimenting with how to add the loops and construct the focals. Immediately I thought of making a bracelet with it.

The words inside, "MAKE ART," are a reminder and a wish.


See the costume pearls and the carved bone beads? I dyed them to create those colors, that's why each bead and pearl has a slightly different intensity and a very vintage rose color.

This bracelet is easy to wear, it slips on with stretchy cord and hugs nicely to the wrist.


I can even wear it on the right-hand side arm! The one that makes the millions of mouse clicks all day ...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got up early this morning and did two more loads of laundry (yes, I'm still catching up!) and did housework (dusting, vacuuming, you know the kind of thing) and baked bannana-nut muffies in the muffie pan.

Now I'm headed to the studio to get paint all over my hands, put on my safety goggles and maybe make some fine silver charms to put into the kiln.

I have to make myself do the maintenance stuff first - if I get lost in the 'ZONE' downstairs in the studio, it seems to go from noon to midnight in no time. Where did the day go.... ?

1 comment:

The Joy of Nesting said...

Oh my gosh Lynn, dyeing pearls would be an awesome tutorial!!! Why we would even let you practice here on your blog, putting the class together!! ;) Any time there is a way for me to be for self sufficient and I'll be first in line!!

Pattie ;)
Mazatlan Mx.