Monday, April 20, 2009

Hints of Spring


These three oval beads, with double loops to make as connectors, or part of a link in a chain, are made to look similar, but they're not identical.

Since I hand tint all of them, making them look rustic and ancient and applying the color to each one, they can never be just exactly alike.

But I like that about them. They have small differences, but they are similar enough to use in a related design.


I wanted them to have that patina of age, with the dark blue barnwood color, like they've been out in the weather for a long time, in sun and rain, a natural darkened surface that tells a story.

6 comments:

SueBeads said...

I really like these, Lynn!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Sue, When I made them, I admit I did think of you, LOL! Glad you like them.

SummersStudio said...

Very nice. I like how the leaves feel like they wrap over the edge of the beads.

Judy said...

Just love these beads. They have a great antique look to them.

sharon said...

These are so nice Lynn, I love the painterly quality to them and the depth you achieve with color. And that teeny bit of red, AHHH, love it!

dogfaeriex5 said...

so gorgeous...just what i needed on this rainy day..xo