Thursday, February 19, 2009

Classic Yet Faceless Beauty




Last December, right before New Year's, I posted a tutorial on making a draping form, just the bust portion. But I didn't show her all decked out, with crochet lace trim, a leafy corsage and strands of costume pearls.

I used unbleached muslin for the drapery but anything would work, if you preferred it bleached white or even with a print on it. Or for more fun, you could put designs on the fabric before draping using fabric paints or stitching, so she'd have a mixed media look.

If you are a quilter or like to do patchwork, that type of fabric could be used too, but a lighter weight fabric would probably look best.

I made her so I could put my necklaces around her neck and show how they look when worn for the Etsy shop photography. Now I just need to get busy and make some necklaces for her to wear!

Follow the tutorial here if you want to see the process. If you make one let me know, I'd love to see what you come up with! And warmer weather will help yours dry faster! So let's all wish for an early spring.

1 comment:

SummersStudio said...

Lynn, that is just so clever and really quite elegant. Cheers, LeAnn