Sunday, November 18, 2007

Folkloric Rows and Bands

Stripes and Blocks
More rows last night on the folkloric. Trying to decide whether to knit a solid color to wrap under the bottom of the bag or make two sections and sew a heavy duty cloth bottom on the bag. Leaning toward a cloth bottom to keep the bag easier to clean, since the bottom gets more wear and tear than the sides.

The cotton bulky colors are fun to combine and since it's a made up pattern it's a matter of reaching into the bag and pulling out the next one to use. The knit fabric will be washed and dried before sewing into the bag sides to make certain there's no shrinkage or other problems like colors bleeding or migrating. At the present the plan is to finish with the same black and gold area on the other side.
Liking the results so much, it may turn out to inspire a full sweater or vest with the bold shapes and colors.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi! I just noticed that you put a comment on my blog! Thanks! I need to get the comments emailed to me somehow! I love what you have so far on your knitting project! Very cool! I am working on a crocheted wool scarf right now...I am still new to it so mine is very simple...nothing like what you have! I see you are from the STL too! We're neighbors!!

LLYYNN - Lynn Davis said...

Thanks for the encouragement - sometimes I feel guilty making jewelry when I 'should' be knitting or the other way around. I have to give myself permission to just do one and not worry. One fun thing is making stitch markers - kind of feels like I'm doing both at once! Less guilt that way, I guess. LOL